Arts & Humanities Bainbridge (AHB), a 501 (C)(3) local arts agency, is seeking a versatile and resourceful individual to meet a variety of the organization’s interrelated needs. AHB has been an integral part of Bainbridge Island’s dynamic arts and culture landscape for over 30 years.
This part-time Content Manager + Graphic Designer position will fill a few key roles within AHB’s small team. The position acts primarily as the “gatekeeper” of AHB’s web-based community cultural platform, Currents Online (viewable at bainbridgecurrents.com). Currents Online connects users to the abundance of creativity on Bainbridge Island with tools like an events calendar, artist and organization directories, arts-focused articles and podcasts, and more. This position is responsible for creating and curating written website content and copy developing the site’s unique voice, as well as for promoting the site in print and online. Additionally, this position is responsible for producing graphic design pieces for digital and print formats, both for Currents Online and for AHB’s other programs and activities.
Key responsibilities include: web content creation (30%), website administration (20%), graphic design (20%), email marketing and social media curation (10%), and other administrative tasks as needed (15%). This position reports to the Executive Director and works with AHB staff and Board of Directors, artists, cultural organizations, collaborators, and volunteers.
● Write and edit shortform articles, blog posts, web copy, email distributions, press releases, promotional pieces, and print magazine content
● Design flyers, posters, postcards, mailers, brochures, event programs, and web graphics and edit photos
● Develop and maintain a unique and consistent voice for Currents Online
● Create and maintain social media profiles (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
● Coordinate with web developers and other contractors and volunteers
● File and retrieve organizational documents, records and reports on AHB’s database
● Provide general office support, e.g. retrieving mail, making bank deposits, taking phone calls, etc.
● Attend and assist with events when needed
● Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of board, staff and agency information
● Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
● Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) or other digital graphic design tools
● Familiarity with WordPress
● Familiarity with Mailchimp or other email marketing services
● Strong writing and editing skills
● Ability to work well in a collaborative small team setting as well as work independently
● Willingness to create and explore new concepts and processes as the needs of the organization shift
● Kitsap County resident preferred