We have recently launched Bainbridge Currents Online that showcases the breadth of creativity on Bainbridge Island. We are looking for volunteer writing contributors (both teen and adult) to contribute to this exciting new portal.
Currents Online is a cultural platform presented by Arts & Humanities Bainbridge (AHB). We welcome content submissions for our blog that support our mission of connecting users to the abundance of creativity on Bainbridge Island.
Articles should be 300-800 words and accompanied by a photo or graphic when possible.
· Reviews of local art exhibits, music, film, books and performances.
· Listicles of top recommendations relating to all kinds of art experiences on the island.
· Profiles of those engaged in Bainbridge arts and culture either through their own creativity or by supporting the work of artists.
· Reported articles about new developments and trends in the arts and humanities on Bainbridge Island.
· Beginnings – first-person articles by artists about how they found their muse, the origins of their work, what inspires them.
· Essays about experiencing art and culture on Bainbridge.
· Creative writing: poems, micro short stories
Photos should be (1920 x 1080) – submitted with captions.
· Photos/videos that are creative works
· Photos/videos that highlight arts and culture on Bainbridge by capturing the scene in a lively and engaging way.
If submitting video, the following specifications are a guideline for authors/contributors – submitted with captions.
Frame rate: 15 frames per second minimum
Video codec: H.264 (+AAC) preferred
Video Bit rate: at least 260 kbps (750 kbps preferred)
Recommended frame size: 492×276
Duration: up to a maximum length of 90 seconds
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com. Include your full name and contact information. You may submit a finished article or a pitch that details your proposed article. All submissions are subject to editing prior to publication. We will try to reply in a timely manner to let you know whether your submission is accepted. The work must be your own and you are responsible for the accuracy of the content. Unless otherwise indicated, we assume that your article has not been published elsewhere in North America. The site is supported by the non-profit Arts & Humanities Bainbridge and does not pay for contributions. We do not retain the rights to your submission and you may republish elsewhere.