This quick serve meal is easy to make, roast and serve. The chicken thighs smothered with barbecue sauce make for a hearty meal when served with halved Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes dusted with chili powder.
If you are not a brussels sprouts fan like my hubby, substitute it for broccoli. Same with the sweet potatoes. If your family prefers french fry type of potatoes then swap them out as well. I love roasted veggies in the oven, it’s easy and so healthy.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 7 to 9 wedges each
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound (about 3.5 cups) Brussels sprouts, halved and quartered depending on size
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce * IF DESIRED
FOR INSTRUCTIONS CLICK THE SPROUTS:
ABOUT LISA MARINKOVICH. Lisa Marinkovich, the founder of the Gal Pal blog, is a visionary entrepreneur with a passion for making a difference. Lisa has over 25 years of experience in the marketing and advertising world. She brings her experience to enrich the lives of others. She lives on Bainbridge Island with her family. In her personal and work life, Lisa has been affectionately nicknamed the “connector,” a true relationship-builder who is always genuinely eager to strategically connect people and organizations so they can succeed and grow.