BAINBRIDGE PERFORMING ARTS IS SEEKING SUBMISSIONS FROM LOCAL WRITERS, PERFORMERS, OR ANYONE INTERESTED, FOR A NEW ONLINE EVENT GEARED TOWARD SENDING OUT MESSAGES OF HOPE DURING THESE STRANGE TIMES.
We’d like you to write an original poem, monologue, or song that expresses how you feel at the moment. Whether that’s fear or hope, isolation or family togetherness, write down those feelings and share them with us in the form of a video or simply as text. These messages don’t even need to be about the Coronavirus, but more about how you and those around you are experiencing this event.
Our goal with this event is to bring our community together, even from miles apart.
Here’s how to take part in what we’re currently calling “The COVID Monologues”:
– Write a spoken word piece (poem or monologue) or original song
– Submit a video of yourself reciting or performing your piece,
– Or send us the text and we’ll find a local performer to recite your work for you.
– We ask that videos:
– Be a maximum of 5 minutes in length
– Avoid profanity or content that is unsuitable for children (Think PG-13)
– Filmed in landscape orientation (phone sideways and not vertical)
– Have clear lighting & sound and that the camera be fairly steady or still
– Not include music or images that may have a copyright
– If you’d like to elaborate on the production/editing of your video, we encourage that creativity
– Participants need no previous affiliate with BPA and no performance experience.
While these videos will be presented as a live stream, they will not be performed live. Videos will be created in advance of the event and compiled into a single presentation. We hope this will help others know they’re not alone in what they’re feeling and experiencing as we go through this together, but separately.
Submissions must be submitted no later than April 30th.
The date of the event is still to be determined.