Want to Post an Event? If this is your first time submitting an event, you will need to first create either an organization or venue profile–whichever best reflects your services and identity to the public. If your organization also represents a venue space, you may wish to complete both the “Organization” and “Venue” sections of this dashboard.
An EVENT is a performance, workshop, class, meeting, etc. for the general public to attend. It must have an arts or culture related component to be included (music, literature, history, performance, etc.).
IMPORTANT: If your event has been cancelled or postponed, please keep your event on the site and simply update the title to say at the end (Cancelled) or (Postponed). We want to keep the public informed as to the status of your event. Thank you.
Location: Events must take place on Bainbridge Island, in Poulsbo, Silverdale, or Bremerton
Lead Time: Events must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the event start date. If we receive your event info less than two weeks in advance, we cannot guarantee that your event will be posted.
Public and Private Events: Both public and private/invitation-only events will be accepted. For the latter, please indicate that the event is private/invitation-only in the event description field.
Images: Upload a single image in .JPG or .PNG format ONLY and no larger than 1 megabyte with a required minimum of 400 x 400 pixels. For your event to be considered as a featured event, we must have an professional-quality promotional image to display with your listing. For optimal display, we recommend submitting a SQUARE image.
Currents Tutorial for Submitting Your Organization and Events
Step 1: Visit Currentsonline.org
Step 2: Create a User Account
- In the top right corner of the website, select ‘REGISTER’
- Fill out your account information
- Once you have created your account, you will be brought to the ‘ACCOUNT’ page (also located in the top right, once signed in.)
Step 3: Register your organization
- While on the ‘ACCOUNT’ page, there will be a blue navigation bar on the left hand side. Select Organization/Business tab then Add New
- Next, fill out your organization’s information
- Once you submit your organization, it will be approved by an administrator within one business day.
Step 4: Create an event
- On the blue navigation sidebar to the left, select Event
- Next, select the Submit A New Event button
- Fill out your event information
**NOTE** WHILE CREATING AN EVENT, IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO FIND YOUR ORGANIZATION, IT HAS LIKELY NOT YET BEEN APPROVED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR. SIMPLY LEAVE THE ORGANIZATION SECTION BLANK, SAVE YOUR EVENT USING THE DRAFT BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, THEN EMAIL ADMIN@AHBAINBRIDGE.ORG WITH THE NAME OF YOUR ORGANIZATION. THEY WILL APPROVE THE ORGANIZATION, THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ADD YOUR ORGANIZATION TO YOUR EVENT, AND POST THE EVENT.
- Once you have filled out the information and selected your organization, review your information.
- Finally, submit your listing and it will be posted!
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT!
Tutorial for Submitting Your Artwork to the Art Shop on Currents
Step 1: Visit https://bainbridgecurrents.com/wp-admin/
Step 2: Log in using your user account information (If you do not yet have a user account, please refer to the above tutorial)
Step 3: Set up your vendor profile
- Click “vendor profile” From the left side bar
- Fill in your stores name
- Fill in your PayPal Email address and Bank Account (IBAN/BIC)
- Supply a Vendor Shop Description for your vendor shop
- Upload a Header Image (Be sure your image is at least 800 PX wide)
- Upload a (Square) Avatar for your vendor profile
- Fill in the remaining information on the vendor page
Step 4: Create a new product listing
- Navigate to “Products” on the left side bar
- Click “Add New” in the top left corner
- Add a title for your new listing
- Add a description for your new listing
- Scroll down until you see “Product Data”
- In the “General” Tab of your product data, set your products price
- In the “Inventory” Tab set your stock quantity (If there is only 1, put 1)
- Scroll down to your “Product Short Description” and fill it in with a summarized version of your product’s description
- This will be a smaller blurb for people to read on the main page of the shop
- Scroll back up towards the top, and on the right side, insert a featured image, along with any “Gallery Images” You might have
- Scroll up a bit more to “Product categories” select the categories where your product fits
- Be sure to hit the blue “Submit for review” button
- You did it!
Step 5: Edit a posted listing
- Navigate to “Products” in the left side bar
- Select the product you would like to edit
- Edit anything you might like to change, including description, price, etc…
- Once you have completed your edits, click the blue “Update” button