Maximum Capacity: 50
This restored log cabin features a large stone fireplace and an open beam ceiling. There is a small performance stage and benches for seating. The cabin has electric lighting and outlets, but no indoor plumbing. Restrooms are located in the adjacent Camp Yeomalt Classroom and are available for use during rental. Cabin also features a small patio area with an outdoor fireplace that is available for use when there are no burn bans in effect.
To check rental availability: 206-842-2302
This beautiful and historic log cabin was originally constructed as a Boy Scout camp in 1935 by unemployed island residents through Franklin D. Roosevelt’s Works Progress Administration. Built of mostly local materials, the cabin served as a scout camp for generations of Bainbridge Islanders. In 1942 the camp was used as the US Army 202nd Coast Artillery’s Bainbridge Island headquarters. At that time a bathhouse was constructed where the Camp Yeomalt Classroom stands today.
In 1987 ownership of the camp was transferred to the Bainbridge Island Park and Recreation District from the Camp Hopkins Youth Committee and the Boy Scouts. In 2000, the camp was renamed from Camp Major Hopkins to Camp Yeomalt Park. An anonymous donor provided funding to begin planning for the park’s future in 2003. Two years later Team Yeomalt, a group of volunteers with expertise in preservation, log construction, traditional building technology, and local history formed when the
900 Park Ave. NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
ALBUQUERQUE LITTLE THEATRE